EECU’s new website makes its public debut

Posted on by | 44 Replies

As you’ve likely noticed, eecu.org has gotten a pretty major facelift today. And with the new look comes a few extra perks. Check out these helpful new features:

We’re keeping you updated

On the EECU blog, you’ll find news about our credit union, updates on our community involvement and tips for leading a healthy financial life. Have an idea or special blog request? Let us know by emailing community@eecu.org or by leaving a comment. Be sure and come back soon to read about the latest here at EECU.

We’re here to help

When you’re first starting out, managing your personal finances can be a challenge. If you’re just getting to know the financial world, check out our new Young Adults section to learn about different tools to help you reach your goals and even find some resources to help you get there.

We’re here to talk

In addition to eecu.org, we’re breaking into the social media world too! For the Facebook users out there, we’ll be keeping up with the latest goings on in the communities we serve. Visit EECU’s official Facebook page to Like us and join our conversation.

Leave us a comment and let us know what you think of our new updates!

44 thoughts on “EECU’s new website makes its public debut

• Hi David! IE9 is a supported browser, so it’s likely that there’s a browser setting that may need to be adjusted. Give our member contact center a call at 817-882-0800 and we can help find out what’s causing problems. Thanks David!

• Hi Sarah! We haven’t had any trouble with Mint accounts, so it’s hard to say what the problem might be. When you search for EECU, two options may appear. Be sure and select the EECU (TX) option, as your login information won’t work with the other. Hope this helps!

1. Oh my gosh!! Where is the link where you can view and manage your credit card. The texting concept is great, however, every time Ive tried to set it up it just sends me to a frozen screen that is prompting me to enter my cell number.

• Uh oh! Give us a call at 817-882-0800 and we can help set up text message banking for you. You should be able to see your credit card account when you log in to Online Banking. If that isn’t the case, we can also help you with that when you call us. Thanks Tammy!

2. I have been & still having the same problems as everyone else. When I click to online bill pay, it directs me to a page that says “This page is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. If the problem persists, contact customer support.”
    I try to call customer support & it seems they work the same hours I do, with no after hours support.
    Help! I just want to pay my bills on time. I can’t even go in to adjust my automatic payments.

• Hi Michelle! We’re sorry to hear you’re having trouble accessing your Bill Pay. We received your email last night, and have responded with instructions to help make your browser preferences compatible with Bill Pay. If you’re still having trouble after that, give us a call at 817-882-0800 or respond via email and we’ll do our best to fix it! Have a great day!

3. Credit Card account still not showing up under the “accounts summary” and still getting the “temporarily unavailable” when I try to click on the Town North link.

• Hi Julie, we’re so sorry for this inconvenience. We’re looking into this now to try and resolve this issue. In the meantime, please give us a call at 817-882-0800 if you have any additional issues, and we will be in touch as soon as possible.

4. Talked to Customer Service today. My credit card is not showing up under the Accounts Summary, therefore, I can’t make a payment. He told me the alternate route to take, which is under “other services” click on Town North. Unfortunately, when i click on Town North, I get a “Temporarily Unavailable” error message. Even the Customer Service Rep couldn’t see my credit card information on his screen; therefore he couldn’t even do a payment by phone for me. I will try again tomorrow.

• We’re so sorry about that Julie! Not sure why that’s not showing up for you. We’ll do our best to resolve this if you’re still unable to pay it when you try again.

• Hi Julie! You can make a credit card payment by logging into Online Banking with your member number and password. Or, if you’re looking to pay a loan with a credit card, you can find that link by visiting the main navigation and clicking Personal Services > Loans > Pay Loan by Card. If you’re still unable to get there, give us a call at 817-882-0800 and we’ll be happy to help!

• Hi William! We’re not sure why you’re unable to log in, as we haven’t made any changes to our portal that would affect this. If you’re still having trouble, please give us a call at 817-882-0800 and we’ll do our best to resolve this issue. Thanks!

5. Like the new look, and the added features are good.

Inside Online Banking, would like to see the ability to edit register entries so I can change “Check #” to say something meaningful. Would also like to be able to make entries into the register that the system automatically reconciles when it the transaction hits the system. We had that functionality at our previous bank and miss the flexibility. Finally, would like to see a change so it doesn’t ask me if I’m sure I want to exit when I’ve just hit the exit button. That kind of hand-holding is kind of passe. Just exit as requested please.

• Hi Steve! Thanks for the recommendations! Great suggestions! We’ll definitely keep them in mind when working on our Online Banking in the future. Meanwhile, have you tried the free FinanceWorks software inside of Online Banking? When tracking your transactions, you’re able to change the name of the check to better identify it, and can even split up the amount between categories to better manage your spending goals.

6. Today is Nov. 15 and the Bill Pay feature is still not operating completely. The new website’s submenus still list Bill Pay as a tab, but just sends you to an error message page. The new check for making a payment has no way to add a new payee. There is a note at the bottom of the check that directs you to click on to add a new payee. That brings up an error message page also.

• Hi Judith! We’re sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Bill Pay. If you’re still receiving an error message, give us a call at 817-882-0800 and we’ll see if we can resolve the issue. Thanks!

• Hi Pam! We’re so sorry to hear you’re having trouble with the new site. You should be able to log in from our home page, just as you did before. If you’re still unable to get in, give us a call at 817-882-0800 and we’ll do our best to assist you.

7. Awesome! Did a specific agency work with you? I’m really pleased with the headway EECU has been making technologically with the mobile app with check depositing and a great looking new site. Super glad I’m banking with you.

• We worked with several different partners to develop the new site and are working to improve our mobile and online offerings even more to help our members access and manage accounts when and where they need to. So glad to hear you’re enjoying them!

8. The new site works fine on Firefox, including Aurora Beta. My wife still cannot pull up statements using Earthlink’s version of Internet Explorer, but according to forums, it appears that Earthlink is the problem. As a retired CU Treasurer/Manager for 36 years, I wish we had had the internet technology now available. Kudos to Lonnie Nicholson and all the fine employees of EECU for using technology and for promoting Credit Union philosophy.

• Hi George! Thanks so much for your kind words! We’re so happy to be able to share the credit union way of thinking with so many of our fine members, and are fortunate to have great tools like our website to help us do it!

• Thanks so much Tanner! The design is the result of a collaboration between EECU and several organizations to reflect the new look and feel of our credit union. Glad to hear you like it!

9. We haven’t had any major reports of issues with Online Banking since the launch of our new website, and our Online Banking portal operates independently of our website design, so if you’re having issues logging in or accessing your accounts, give our member contact center a call at 817-882-0800.

10. I cannot get logged in to the online banking portal since the website was updated. I enter the same user/password as before but it just goes to a blank page and stays there indefinitely. I tried the refresh button. Are you still having problems?

11. I can not get logged in. Have been using this site “forever” without any problems. Could it be the new websit?. Tried to call customer service. They are not open now
    Your new site is not working.

• Hi Krystal! No, we haven’t made any changes, so the “Make a Payment” section should be available when you log into Online Banking. If you’re still having problems with this, give us a call at 817-882-0800 and we’ll see how we can help. Thanks!

• I’m having the same issue. i always use the one time bill pay and i can no longer see this. It has caused my payment to be a day past due when i have always managed to keep a good record. This has greatly upset me and your help line is of no help either.

• Hi Norma! We’re so sorry to hear about this. We are looking into any possible issues with our Bill Pay service to make sure additional members are not experiencing this same problem. We truly appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention, as our first priority is ensuring the products we offer are able to help our members effectively manage their finances.

• Hi Larry! Our Online Banking works independently of our new website design, so there shouldn’t have been any changes to your ability to view transactions. If you’re experiencing problems with this, give us a call at 817-882-0800 or send your contact information to community@eecu.org and we’ll reach out to you as soon as we can.

12. As useful as the new interface may be, the only feature I really care about still seems to be missing: compatibility with Mint. I have many banking accounts, and all of them are compatible except eecu.
    Please fix this. If I can’t monitor an account from Mint, I am far less likely to use it.

• Hi Justin! Thanks so much for this feedback! While our Online Banking’s compatibility with Mint isn’t actually tied to the new website design (it’s still the same Online Banking portal), we’ll definitely look into options for using the service. We’ll be sure and let you know if we find a fix for it!

• Hello again Justin! After taking another look, Mint appears to be working for us at this time. When searching for EECU in the “Find your bank or credit card” field, be sure and select “EECU (TX),” as there is another financial institution named EECU in Michigan appearing in our search results. If that doesn’t work, it’s possible that your account may have a separate issue, and we recommend contacting the folks at Mint. Hope this helps!