EECU’s members, friends and neighbors are important to us. In order to build even stronger relationships with the communities we serve, EECU participates in and hosts various social media platforms. We welcome member and non-member participation as a means of sharing experiences, suggesting improvements and contributing to conversations. While we will do our best to foster healthy and productive conversations, EECU may, in its sole discretion, remove content that is in violation of the policies shown below or EECU’s values, ethics and practices. EECU’s social media community may include, but is not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Foursquare and certain blogs. Your participation in EECU’s social media community signifies your agreement to the terms and polices of the Social Media Public Use Guidelines. Except for your agreement to the terms and policies shown below, EECU would prohibit your participation in EECU’s social media community.
In order to ensure that the conversations and exchanges are consistent with EECU’s values, ethics and practices, we have established the following terms and policies which you and all social media participants must follow.
Please Think Before You Post
EECU’s social media community is public, which means that anyone can see the content you post. The content may even appear in search engine results. Caution should be used in posting content to any social media community. Before publishing content to EECU’s social media community, please ask yourself, at a minimum, the following questions:
- Is the content of this post discourteous or disrespectful to other community participants
- Is the content of this post inappropriate, threatening, harassing, derogatory, hateful, indecent, profane, obscene, defamatory or otherwise disruptive in nature?
- Is the content of this post fraudulent, misleading or unlawful?
- Is the content of this post copyright protected by, or the original content of, a third party?
- Does this post contain any personal, identifying or confidential information?
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes,” you should refrain from publishing your post. NEVER POST PERSONAL, IDENTIFYING OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION TO EECU’S SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY. If you are an EECU member with a specific question about an EECU account or financial service, please log into EECU’s online banking service, call (817) 882-0800 or visit one of our branches to speak with a representative in person.
Please note that EECU’s social media community is monitored and moderated by EECU employees. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to questions and comments in a timely manner. However, we cannot guarantee that we will reply to every question or comment.
Comment and Posting Policy
EECU expects conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect. We may delete comments or posts that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be inappropriate, including, but not limited to:
- Profane, obscene, disruptive or irrelevant
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material-—including masked profanity where symbols, initials, intentional misspellings or other characters are used to suggest profane language
- Threats; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individuals, entity or organization
- Spam, or containing or linking to any kind of potential virus, malware, spyware, or similar program which may cause harm to a participant’s computer or other electronic device
- Discriminatory comments or comments that may contain hateful speech of any kind
- Unproductive or off-topic postings, including solicitations
- Identical posts by the same participant or multiple participants
- Account specific information, questions and comments
Please be advised:
Privacy and Security Policies
- EECU’s social media community is a place for conversations between and among participants and EECU and is not a substitute channel for member services. If you have questions regarding your account, please visit eecu.org or give us a call at (817) 882-0800.
- EECU reserves the right to immediately ban any participant from its social media community without prior notice, written or otherwise, for a violation of EECU’s Social Media Public Use Guidelines or for a violation of EECU’s values, ethics and practices.
- Our social media community may not be used for the submission of any claim, demand, informal or formal complaint, or any other legal and/or administrative notice or process.
- Any comment(s) posted which we deem to be criminal in nature, or which may instigate or imply violence towards oneself or another, may be reported to the proper authorities.
- EECU welcomes all feedback regarding posts that may be inappropriate for the social media community. Such feedback may be submitted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- EECU will never ask participants in its social media community for personally identifiable information (e.g., social security number, account number, personal identification number (PIN), telephone number, address, email address or such other personally identifiable information). If you receive a request for personally identifiable information via EECU’s social media community, please do NOT respond. Instead, please immediately contact EECU at (817) 882-0800 and by email at email@example.com, to report the occurrence.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, personally identifiable information should never be disclosed in any post including, but not limited to: social security numbers, account numbers, personal identification numbers (PINs), telephone numbers, addresses, email addresses or such other personally identifiable information. Any and all personally identifiable information should be kept confidential and never disclosed in a social media community. If you do include personally identifiable information in a post, EECU assumes no responsibility for such disclosure and you, by your participation in EECU’s social media community, hereby waive any claim, demand, action or cause of action against EECU and the Indemnified Parties (as defined below) for such disclosure.
If you are seeking information about EECU or information obtained through any of its social media platforms, please contact us at (817) 882-0800 and ask for the Marketing Department or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Policies
Please note the following copyright and intellectual property policies:
Links to Third-Party Websites
- By submitting any content to EECU’s social media community, you warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner or that the copyright owner has granted you permission to use such content.
- By posting comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas or any other content on EECU’s social media community, you are granting EECU (i) a non-exclusive, royalty-free license in and to the content and (ii) the right to republish, redistribute or otherwise use such content in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of such content in marketing and advertising materials.
EECU may occasionally post links to third-party websites when we think you will find the information helpful. However, please note that this does not in any way constitute an official endorsement of the website or company. In the event you access the third-party website, please be advised that (i) you will be leaving EECU’s social media community, (ii) you will be linking to a website not operated by EECU, (iii) EECU is not responsible for the content of the website, (iv) EECU does not represent either the third party company or you if you enter into a transaction and (v) privacy and security policies may differ from 4 those practiced by EECU. By linking to a third-party site, you agree and understand that EECU is not responsible for and does not endorse, guarantee or control content, accuracy, availability, viewpoints, products or services offered on, or available through, a third-party website.
As-Is and Disclaimer of Warranty
You are advised not to rely on any information contained within EECU’s social media community and, by participating in EECU’s social media community, you expressly waive any reliance on such information. All information contained within EECU’s social media community is intended to be for informational purposes only, and is not intended to render financial related services or advice. Please consult an EECU representative before taking any action, or failing to act, based on the content of EECU’s social media. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN EECU’S SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY IS BEING PROVIDED “AS-IS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, USE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.”
Assumption of Risk
By participating in EECU’s social media community you expressly agree to be bound by the terms, conditions and policies of the Social Media Public Use Guidelines and any other relevant or applicable policies and agreements between you and EECU. In addition, you agree to EECU’s ability to enforce the terms and conditions of any such policies or agreements including, but not limited to, the policies shown in the Social Media Public Use Guidelines. By participating in EECU’s social media community you (i) assume all risks associated with EECU’s social media community, now known, later discovered or unknown, and (ii) waive any and all claims, demands, actions or causes of action against EECU and the Indemnified Parties (defined below) related in any way to your participation in EECU’s social media community.
Indemnification and Hold Harmless
BY YOUR PARTICIPATION IN EECU’S SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY, YOU AGREE TO FULLY PROTECT, HOLD HARMLESS, INDEMNIFY AND DEFEND EECU, AND EECU’S DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVLEY, “INDEMNIFIED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, DEMANDS, DAMAGES, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, PENALTIES, FINES, LOSSES, COSTS, AND/OR EXPENSES OF ANY KIND AND NATURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ATTORNEYS’ FEES, EXPERT FEES AND EXPENSES), RESULTING FROM YOUR VIOLATION OF THE SOCIAL MEDIA PUBLIC USE GUIDELINES OR YOUR PARTICPATION, IN ANY WAY, IN EECU’S SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY.
Disclaimer of Views, Comments and Opinions
Because EECU’s social media community is public and anyone can participate, EECU cannot, and you agree by your participation in EECU’s social media that EECU shall not, be responsible, in any way, for views, posts, comments, opinions or any other content expressed or posted by others. 5 EECU does not endorse any posts made by its employees, unless they are an authorized representative of EECU (such authorization to be made only in writing and approved by the Board of Directors of EECU and/or the President and CEO of EECU). EECU does not validate assertions or forward-looking statements in any posts. All statements and viewpoints expressed in the posts are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of EECU unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of EECU).
If you are an EECU employee, unless you are an authorized representative to speak on behalf of EECU, you must state that the views and opinions expressed are your own – (e.g., “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent EECU’s views, positions, strategies or opinions.”).
EECU’s Reservation of Rights
EECU reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) review any and all content before it is posted to EECU’s social media community, (ii) not post (and delete as applicable) any content which is in violation of the Social Media Public Use Guidelines or is in violation of EECU’s values, ethics and practices or is otherwise inappropriate, (iii) modify, change or alter the terms of the Social Media Public Use Guidelines at any time and (iv) modify, change, alter or discontinue, at any time, all or parts of EECU’s social media community without advance notice.